Friday, February 01, 2008

New day, new dreams


Here it is, February already and I have yet to cross off my first week of January scheduled tasks!

I did make a few resolutions this year, pretty much the same as I do every year...lose weight, live more frugally, get clutter under control and blah, blah, blah.

This year, I have added a few and need to remind my self that new habits take constant attention but here they are:


1. Do something special for someone, human or animal to make their life a little happier each day.


2. Do something "green' each day...that means taking one or more of my canvas shopping bags when I shop, turning off an unused light, wearing a sweatsuit and using a throw instead of turning up the heat, carry the scraps to the compost bin instead of throwing them away, reuse paper and plastic bags [they are already here!].


3. Stop complaining about the things I can't control and work more on the things I can do to make a difference.


4. Take better care of myself so I will be less of a burden on others as I age.


5.Hug, and/or kiss someone EVERY single day. That one is a must!


Sounds easy but I need to remind myself that life really is not the past [where I tend to live] or the future which might never be out there, but NOW...carpe' diem...seize the day...that says it all.



1 comment:

Nancy Jo said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my site. Nice to know there are those out there that actually look me up. wow!
I notice that you blog, oh, just sometimes. But I guess you did say that your computer has been down.
Hope you will stop by again, I seem to be rather obesseive{sp} about taking pictures and posting them. I guess I just love to play house.
Hope all is well in your world. Where in upstate NY do you live?
NANCY JO