Thursday, July 21, 2005

New Stuff

Tiny Gardens are my newest love. Our soil is awful, my knees are getting old, and weeds grow better here than anything I've ever planted. But..our old dog exercise pen has been torn down [because Twerpie only goes out on a leash] and so I am converting the concrete pad into an extra patio. Have tons of pots, hanging baskets, a large tub water garden, a new small one in the making and so much color it is unreal. A small table and chairs under a striped umbrella make the perfect spot for early morning coffee and the birds slow down enough help me read the paper. A frog has taken up residence in the bigger pool which explains why the water has been slighty dirty the past few days. I hope the snakes don't find him. Our little frogs last year all disappeared and after I found a snake with a frog halfway down his gullet, I know where my goldfish and frogs have been going. We rescued that frog but about a week later, he went missing and I'm afraid I know where he went.

No comments: